1: 5 2: ERROR : CreateProcess() API failed! 3: 2″ when installing an Autodesk program
When installing an Autodesk program (e.g. AutoCAD LT 2020), the following error message may appear:
“1: 5 2: ERROR : CreateProcess() API failed! 3: 2”
Looking at the file Autodesk …. 2020 Install.log stored in the %TEMP% folder after a failed install attempt, the following lines may be found, indicating that the license component failed to registered the product due to an Antivirus and/or Firewall running in the background during install:
Action start 14:00:22: licIsSvcUpgraded.8B858D99_2C63_4281_AE43_6782314CCC1B. 1: 5 2: Successfull registered 3: 0 1: 5 2: licIsSvcUpgraded 3: 0 1: 5 2: run helper with params: 3: 0 1: 5 2: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing\188.8.131.52\helper\AdskLicensingInstHelper.exe" upgrade isUpgraded 3: 0 MSI (s) (A8!C8) [14:00:24:146]: Product: AutoCAD LT 2020 - English -- 1: 5 2: ERROR : CreateProcess() API failed! 3: 2 1: 5 2: failed to upgrade 3: 0 1: 5 2: 3: 0 CustomAction licIsSvcUpgraded.8B858D99_2C63_4281_AE43_6782314CCC1B returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Follow the below steps:
- Disable any antivirus and/or firewall.
- Navigate to to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing. If the folder does not exist, skip to step 7 below.
- Run uninstall.exe as admin (right-click > Run as administrator).
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdskLicensingService and remove the files located in there.
- Go to the Autodesk 2020 product install folder and open \x86\AdskLicensing (e.g., for AutoCAD LT 2020 it would be C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_LT_2020_English_win_64bit_dlm\x86\AdskLicensing).
- Run AdskLicensing-installer.exe as admin (right-click > run as administrator). Wait for the install to complete.
- Install the latest updates for Autodesk Licensing Service, ether from Autodesk Desktop App or from Product Updates section of the Autodesk account portal.
- Click the Start menu and type CMD.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, run the below command followed by ENTER:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing\Current\helper\
AdskLicensingInstHelper register -pk 057L1 -pv 2020.0.0.F -cf C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_LT_2020_English_win_64bit_dlm\Setup\AutoCADLTConfig.Pit -el US
Note: The example above takes 'AutoCAD LT 2020 - English US' as an example. Depending on the specific product, the --prod_key, --config_file and --eula values may vary. Refer to Autodesk Licensing Installer Helper tool guide for more information.
- Run the software install again.
Error: “The License manager is not functioning or is improperly installed” with Autodesk 2020 software
Error: “License checkout timed out. What do you want to do?” when launching an Autodesk 2020 software
Error 1: 5 2: Error : CreateFile() API failed! 3:5
You do not have sufficient privilege to perform this operation – Error in AdskLicensing-install.log file.
Autodesk Licensing did not install (error code:1) with Autodesk 2020 software install time