Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021 New Features
New features summary | Acrobat Pro 2020, Acrobat Standard 2020
Acrobat 2020 is the latest perpetual desktop version of Acrobat. It simplifies everyday PDF tasks and includes many productivity enhancements when working with PDFs from your desktop.
Acrobat DC is the latest subscription version of Acrobat. With Acrobat DC, you always have the most recent version of Acrobat software with the newest product innovations and tools for desktop and mobile. It includes all the functionality of Acrobat 2020, plus you never have to purchase upgrades again.
When you subscribe to Acrobat DC enhanced with Document Cloud services, you pay a low monthly fee to get ongoing access to the latest PDF tools across desktop, browser, and mobile devices to help you accomplish more when working with documents in the office or on the go:
- Get a consistent user experience across desktop, browser, and mobile devices.
- Fill and sign forms on the go from your browser or iOS device.
- Create, combine, and export PDFs from your browser or mobile device.
- Send documents for signature from your desktop, browser, or mobile device.
- Send, track, and confirm delivery of documents sent electronically.
- Combine multiple files to PDF, and organize pages from your browser.
- Sync preferences across computers.
- Add or edit text on a tablet or mobile device.
- Reorder, delete, or rotate pages on an iOS or Android device.
- Store and access files securely online with 100GB of storage.
What’s new in Acrobat 2020
New Home view
Acrobat Pro and Standard
The new Home view helps you stay organized and productive – it’s a single place for you to organize, manage, and search for all your PDFs.
- Recent Files list: Displays your recent files opened for viewing from your computer, Document Cloud storage, or third-party storage like OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, and SharePoint.
- Recommended tools: Helps you discover top Acrobat tools like Edit PDF, Create PDF, Combine PDFs, and more.
- Search box: Lets you search all your Document Cloud files and the files sent or received for viewing, reviewing, or signing.
- Context pane: Helps you take actions on files across all Home view with context-sensitive menus, and check the status of participants and history of activities for shared documents.
Now you can use Adobe Acrobat 2020 and Acrobat Reader 2020 Windows and Mac desktop applications to open files protected with MIP (Microsoft Information Protection) solutions including Azure Information Protection (AIP) and Information Protection using Office 365.
Acrobat 2020 and Acrobat Reader 2020 auto-detect a MIP-protected file and prompts you to download the corresponding plug-in from the plug-in download page. Once you download and install the plug-in, the protected files open like any other PDF in Acrobat or Reader.
You can now choose your desired color to fill the PDF form and sign it using the Fill and Sign tool in Acrobat 2020. To change the color, click the Color button in the Fill & Sign toolbar.
By default, the signature’s color is black. To retain the default color, deselect the Retain Original Color For Signatures checkbox.
For more information, see Fill out your PDF form.
- Open the scanned PDF in Acrobat 2020.
- Go to Tools > Enhance Scan > Recognizable Text > In This File.
- Click Settings in the toolbar. The Recognize Text dialog box is displayed.
- In the Output drop-down list, choose Searchable Image or Searchable Image (exact) and click OK.
- Click Recognize Text in the toolbar.
- Preflight Libraries: Preflight Profiles, Fixups, and Checks are now well organized in Libraries.
For more information, see Preflight Libraries (PDF | 711 KB).
- Preflight Variables: Variables allow you to dynamically adjust Profiles, Checks, and Fixups when they are applied. Variables can be used when editing Profiles, Checks, or Fixups wherever the orange triangle shows up. It is also possible to filter for existing objects using Variables.
- Preflight supports the new Ghent PDF Workgroup Specification 2015: The new GWG specifications are based on PDF/X-4, and support native transparency as well as media neutral RGB workflows.
- PDF/UA validation in Preflight: Preflight now makes it possible to fix common accessibility problems and to validate against the international standard for Universal Accessibility PDF/UA.
Improved Accessibility features in Acrobat 2020 make it easier for people with disabilities to use PDF documents and forms, with and without the aid of assistive technology software and devices.
Improved Pen tool leveraging DirectInk technology allows you to write and draw more smoothly and accurately directly on the document without selecting a tool.
New support for DirectInk in the Signatures Panel of the Certificates app offers a more natural experience and gives you more control of how your signature looks when signing on Windows 10 devices.
Functionalities for the touch bar built into MacBook Pro help you work more efficiently on MacBook Pro computers.
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021 System Requirements
System requirements for older versions: System requirements | Acrobat (XI, X, 9)
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021, Acrobat Standard DC
|Processor||Intel® or AMD processor; 1.5GHz or faster processor|
|Operating system||Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 8, 8.1 (32 bit and 64 bit)†, Windows 7 SP1 (32 bit and 64 bit), or
Windows Server – 2008 R2 (64 bit), 2012 (64 bit), 2012 R2 (64 bit)†, 2016 (64 bit), or 2019 (64 bit)
|RAM||2GB of RAM|
|Hard disk space||4.5GB of available hard-disk space|
|Monitor resolution||1024×768 screen resolution|
|Browser||Internet Explorer 11; Firefox (ESR) (optional), Chrome (optional)|
|Graphics card||Video hardware acceleration (optional)|
† With Windows update 2919355 installed.
Acrobat Pro DC (Acrobat Standard DC is not available on macOS)
|Operating system||macOS v10.13, macOS v10.14, macOS v10.15, or macOS v11*|
|RAM||2GB of RAM|
|Hard disk space||2.75GB of available hard-disk space|
|Monitor resolution||1024×768 screen resolution|
|Browser||Safari 10.0 or 11.0 (browser plug-in for Safari supported on 64-bit Intel processor only)|
*For details, refer to Acrobat compatibility with macOS Big Sur (version 11).
Note: Pre-August 2019 versions of Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2017, and Acrobat 2015 applications cannot be licensed on macOS 10.15 Catalina and later versions. Adobe recommends customers updating their Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2017, or Acrobat 2015 to the latest release. To update from within the application, on the Help menu, choose Check for updates and follow onscreen instructions to complete the update process.
These requirements apply to the Acrobat Pro DC subscription plan and are in addition to the requirements listed above.
- Microsoft Windows 10 using Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, or Chrome
- Microsoft Windows 8 using Internet Explorer 10 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
- Microsoft Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 8 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
- Microsoft Windows Vista using Internet Explorer 8 or 9, Firefox, or Chrome
- macOS v10.12 or later using Safari 10 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
Note: The Send for Signature tool – which is included with Acrobat Pro DC subscription plans – relies on cloud services provided by Adobe Sign and has unique browser requirements. View requirements.
Acrobat Pro DC, Acrobat Standard DC
The Acrobat DC desktop app is available in the following languages:
North African French ‡
Middle Eastern Hebrew §
Middle Eastern Arabic §
† Available on Windows only.
‡ The North African French (Français) version is a French application user interface with Arabic/Hebrew right-to-left language support enabled by default.
§ For Arabic and Hebrew, the application user interface is in English and Arabic/Hebrew right-to-left language support is enabled by default.
The Acrobat Reader mobile app is available in all the above languages except Hungarian, North African French, Slovak, Slovenian, and Ukrainian. Right-to-left language support is not provided.
Browser-based PDF services app is available in these languages: English, Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, Dutch, Korean, Czech, Polish, Turkish, Russian, Chinese Simplified, and Chinese Traditional.
Language availability varies when working with features supported by Adobe Document Cloud services. For more information, see Document Cloud Language Tiers.